LabLynx the Company
LabLynx, Inc. is a privately owned, funded, and managed American corporation that develops, supports, and markets laboratory information management systems (LIMS), laboratory information systems (LIS), and related solutions. Its most well-known products include webLIMS, a modern web browser-based LIMS developed around the initial core ELab LIMS platform as a service (PaaS), which is offered in a scalable, hosted "Software as a Service" (SaaS) delivery model or self-hosted, and with the added availability of selected applications to make up specifically tailored suites as complete solutions for every type of lab.
The company’s primary clients include laboratories in the agriculture, cannabis, clinical, environmental, forensic, healthcare, and manufacturing industries, including government agencies. The company is known for introducing one of the first web browser-based LIMS products in 1997 (ELab) and being a long-term player in the laboratory informatics market. LabLynx employs around 20 core staff, with many more derived from a professional, specifically skilled and experienced pool.
Value is defined by the ideal relationship between quality, functionality, and service delivered at the best price. This optimum relationship is determined by the marketplace and is not static. As such, LabLynx must continuously innovate and adapt to the marketplace needs while maintaining its mission.
Our company is defined by the "Six Ps", through which we believe we can deliver the best value in our solutions:
- ▪ Principles: A company's integrity and business practices are a direct function of its principles. These are what drive us.
- ▪ People: Our people are our company, from our first conversation with you through our long-term support services you rely on to guarantee continued performance. In fact, you—and the entire laboratory, scientific, and healthcare community—are the foundation of LabLynx as well as being potential and existing customers. The sciCloud.net® community, including every LabLynx solution-based community (e.g., CannaQA, ClinDX, and more), contributes to everything we do, as it benefits from a vast range of free resources.
- ▪ Platform: The technology we use is an important aspect of delivering the quality and features you expect.
- ▪ Products: Our products are where words are validated by performance.
- ▪ Past Performance: A track record of excellence is a good predictor of the high-quality products and service you will get.
- ▪ Planned Future: See the exciting directions we are charting as we continue to forge ahead!
But an even bigger difference between us and your standard LIMS vendor is that we aren't a standard LIMS vendor. That is, yes, we have a host of LIMS solutions for every type of lab, and we offer them by subscription or purchase. But our scope goes far beyond those traditional vendor bounds. Our vision is of a thriving, dynamic laboratory community, communicating with each other, with all of the information, tools, and services they need conveniently available. And that means choices and reasonable, fair pricing. Our vision has room for all vendors, products, and services, with free resources, news, events, apps, and more. The LabLynx Community Network brings all of the benefits of collaboration and communication to professionals in the industry.
The Right Fit - Whether It's Us or Somebody Else
An Open Business ModelLabLynx Community Network freely offers job posting and search, marketplace, book publishing. and more. Additionally, transparent pricing and open-source technologies mean we are an open book, working together with you and the rest of the community to meet the needs we all share. Open-source apps (along with standard, professional apps), open-access information and communication, an open business model with cooperation on various projects and common goals: it all means the best selection, with honest quality, service, and value for you.
Since transitioning from Atlanta Systems Consultants, Inc. to LabLynx, Inc. in 2000, LabLynx has been increasingly active in the laboratory informatics community. Projects that LabLynx has started or been involved in within the community over the years include:
- Laboratory Informatics Institute, an open trade association with the mission of educating, standardizing, and promoting the laboratory, scientific and healthcare informatics industry
- LIMSfinder, an online interactive magazine released by the Laboratory Informatics Institute, that aims to be "the best resource for information technology in the laboratory"
- LIMS Buyer's Guide (formerly LIMSbook), a LIMS buyer’s guide released by the Laboratory Informatics Institute
- LIMSforum, both a LinkedIn discussion group created to facilitate the exchange of ideas and technical information across the fields of laboratory, science, and health informatics and a web portal designed with the same goals in mind. LIMSforum serves as the hub for the laboratory, scientific and health community network, providing access to LabCareers, LabCourses, sciCloud.net® applications, publications, news and events, and other community resources.
- LIMSwiki, a Creative Commons-licensed wiki with the goal of bringing related informatics communities together to maintain a repository of information about the industry
- Solution-based communities and resources. Every LabLynx LIMS/LIS solution includes a LIMSforum and SciCloud.net® community with resources specific to that industry.
Our state-of-the-art and highly user-configurable WebLIMS stands out as a value-driven solution, giving decades of maximum value for your money. And our support and continuing services ensure you are always taken care of, because a happy customer is a long-term customer. Rest assured that when you select LabLynx, you choose the greatest value available: top quality and full features at the lowest price.
At LabLybx, typically the first person you talk to is a trained LIMS expert, someone capable of helping you manage the actual implementation, setup, and training required for your LIMS solution, ensuring there is no disconnect between what you are promised and what you end up with. If that individual says something can or will be configured in a particular way, you can be sure it will, and at the price you were quoted. Additionally, your contact will be with you throughout the process and on into your ongoing support and maintenance. Our Help Desk is online and available 24/7, and any urgent or emergency items alert all support personnel, including LabLynx President John Jones. As such, you can count on us responding immediately, whether that means simply assigning the work and scheduling it or rushing to a data center in early hours. We take our responsibility to you seriously because we know that no business can succeed in the long term unless it prioritizes its customers.
Our Business Platform
We believe in the technology we provide our customers. The tech we use in delivering our solutions is the same tech we use to run our company. Specifically, as is our philosophy of openness, we embrace open-source apps like Redmine, Odoo, SuiteCRM, and others to perform various business functions, just as we help our customers to do. With every LabLynx informatics solution package you get a dedicated sciCloud.net® account with access to apps for every possible aspect of your lab, project or business, along with information exchange, news and events, career posting, collaborative tools, and much more.
Additionally, our business platform includes that same technology and more for all our departments, including in marketing, sales, project management, and accounting. What could give you more faith in a company's technology and products than to know they use them themselves?
Over 30 different modules and functions are included with your webLIMS solution, and both subscriptions and licenses for the software are available with LabLynx cloud hosting services included (self-hosting is also available). WebLIMS currently serves in many validated environments, including:
- 21 CFR Part 11
- College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- ISO/IEC 17025
in compliance with such standards as:
- Good laboratory practice (GLP)
Have It All
Whether you host it yourself or leave the hosting to LabLynx, in your webLIMS solution you get the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art LIMS money can buy (or rent), at a price you can afford.
But it doesn't stop there. WebLIMS is a dynamic, organic system that grows and changes with you, giving you maximum return on investment (ROI) through effective performance over a longer lifetime than most. You don't need to pay for expensive development work every time you want a new report, change to a screen, add new tests or revise existing ones, create new processes and workflows, etc. It's all user-configurable, and we'll give you full training and support to help you be self-sufficient. Its significant level of configurability means it is the perfect solution for your lab, no matter what types of testing you do.
WebLIMS is a complete solution in itself, with tailored editions for each type of lab. But you also get, with every webLIMS subscription or purchase, a selection of apps from our sciCloud.net® suite, helping you to manage all aspects of your lab's data management needs, from CRM to website building and management, metrics visualization, eCommerce, project management, and much more.