34 Maple Street|
Milford, Massachusetts, United States
Waters Corporation manufactures and distributes analytic instruments for scientists. The company also develops and distributes laboratory informatics software solutions.
Waters Corporation started out as Waters Associates in 1958, building custom instruments. By 1963 the fledgling company expanded to making chromatography equipment. In the 1970s, Waters Associates began to focus primarily on chromatography systems. In May 1980, Waters Associates merged with the Millipore Corporation, becoming the Waters Chromatography Division. The success of the new acquisition wasn't as expected due to various factors, and in 1994, an investor group led by Waters management bought the assets of the division to eventually become Waters Corporation.
Technology and products
Empower 3 and NuGenesis 8
Empower 3 is a scalable chromatography data system (CDS) designed "to run samples and produce meaningful results without experiencing downtime for training, re-engineering workflow, or adding new software to support instruments or advanced chromatographic techniques." Features include: chemical structure management, dissolution management, GPC/SEC support, tracking, trending, data analysis and conversion laboratory analytics, 21 CFR Part 11-compliant, role-based security, connection to a wide variety of Waters and third-party instruments, and mobile support.
NuGenesis 8 — also known as NuGenesis Lab Management System — "is a comprehensive data management and workflow solution that supports the entire product lifecycle from discovery through manufacturing." The software platform includes an electronic laboratory notebook (NuGenesis ELN), a scientific data management system (NuGenesis SDMS), and standard LIMS functionality (NuGenesis Sample Management).
Source for pricing information is GSA eLibrary. As prices may change at any time, always contact the vendor directly to obtain a price list or quote.
Note: These are U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) prices, and as such they represent the lowest possible negotiated price. These prices aren't available to any entity outside of the Federal Government, and thus prices for non-government entities will be higher. If anything, they represent the lowest possible negotiated price.
|Empower 3 GSA Pricing|
|667003932: Empower 3 Named User 1-Pack||$1,843.83|
|667003933: Empower 3 Named User 5-Pack||$11,677.58|
|667003934: Empower 3 Named User 20-Pack||$46,710.33|
|667003935: Empower 3 Named User 50-Pack||$92,191.44|
|667003936: Empower 3 Personal Named User License 5-Pack||$3,843.07|
|667003960: Empower 3 System License 1-Pack||$2,541.31|
|667003961: Empower 3 System License 4-Pack||$10,165.24|
|NuGenesis 8 GSA Pricing|
|176002774: NuGenesis 8 Base Kit||$19,847.61|
|176002775: NuGenesis 8 ELN Option Kit||$14,379.35|
|667004474: NuGenesis 8 Named User 1-Pack||$1,518.89|
|667004475: NuGenesis 8 Named User 5-Pack||$9,619.65|
Demonstration videos and other media
The following videos exist for NuGenesis 8:
- NuGenesis 8 - Overview
- NuGenesis 8 - Key Features and Benefits
- NuGenesis 8 - Regulatory Compliance
- NuGenesis 8 - Implementation and Integration
The following videos exist for Empower 3:
- Empower 3 Chromatography Data Software: Maximize Your Lab's Productivity
- Empower 3 Chromatography Data Software: A Whole New Era of Power
- Empower 3 Method Validation Manager
- "The History of Jim Waters and Waters Corporation" (PDF). Waters Corporation. 2008. http://www.waters.com/webassets/other/corp/about/assets/files/HistoryW.pdf. Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- "Empower 3 Chromatography Data Software". Waters Corporation. http://www.waters.com/waters/en_CZ/Empower-3-Chromatography-Data-Software/nav.htm?cid=513188. Retrieved 27 January 2016.
- "Empower 3 Chromatography Data Software - Details". Waters Corporation. http://www.waters.com/waters/en_CZ/Empower-3-Chromatography-Data-Software/nav.htm?locale=en_CZ&cid=10190669. Retrieved 27 January 2016.
- "NuGenesis 8 Featuring LE Technologies". Waters Corporation. http://www.waters.com/waters/en_US/NuGenesis-8-Featuring-LE-Technologies/nav.htm?locale=en_US&cid=10067099. Retrieved 20 April 2013.
- "NuGenesis Lab Management System". Waters Corporation. http://www.waters.com/waters/en_US/NuGenesis-Lab-Management-System/nav.htm?cid=10067099. Retrieved 16 July 2014.
- "NuGenesis 8 Featuring LE Technologies" (PDF). Waters Corporation. http://www.waters.com/webassets/cms/library/docs/720003597en.pdf. Retrieved 20 April 2013.
- "NuGenesis 8 and Regulatory Compliance". YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeNLSFbAtbg. Retrieved 17 September 2014.