The LabLynx CannaQA LIMS is the centerpiece of the entire CannaQA solution and community. It is the application of two decades of LIMS technology focused specifically on the needs of today's cannabis testing laboratories.
CannaQA LIMS comes pre-configured with all of the features and functions required for cannabis testing, and can even come pre-loaded with the tests required by your local, state, and federal government, complete with required limit sets and methods. It consists of the CannaQA LIMS base package, which includes everything you need to manage and report your testing data, including track-and-trace (seed-to-sale) reporting and compliance management tools. Additionally, the LIMS provides a range of options you can select from, including pre-loaded tests, client web portal, interfaces, and more.
The Standard CannaQA LIMS Package
The standard CannaQA LIMS package includes:
- Receiving - Receive samples either as a batch or as single samples. Unique IDs are automatically assigned (based on your own preferred format), barcode labels can be printed any time, and tests can be assigned (based on product specification, client, and/or state requirements). Upload any images or associated documents, set due dates, set priority level, and more.
- Track-and-trace interfacing - Meet reporting compliance requirements, whether it's Metrc, BioTrackTHC, MJ Freeway, Kind Agrisoft, or another mandated option.
- Regulatory-compliant certificate of analysis (COA) - Produce cannabis analysis reports by single sample.
- Specification management - Create, store, and apply product-specific tests with proprietary limit sets that ensure effective quality control.
- Entity and contact management - Track information on every company, agency, or other entity you do business with, including any associated proprietary tests or specifications, parent organizations, divisions, and individuals. Assign login credentials for accessing the web portal if/when it's implemented.
- File library - Centrally store and access documents while tracking revisions. Host your quality management documents, standard operating procedures, methods, specification sheets, and any other files you need to manage.
- Supervisor and analyst worklists - View sample backlog with due dates, priority, current status, who is assigned, etc. Filter and search for specific records.
- Inventory management - Use barcode labels to track all stocks, standards, reagents, equipment, samples, or anything else in the laboratory. Set stock-level alerts and more.
- Test management - Create any kind of test you need, any time, with any number and kind of process steps, parameters, and limits for each parameter. Add quality control (QC) types and frequencies automatically with the tests, or create them separately and add during analysis processes. Or choose the optional pre-loaded test set for your state or country while still having the ability to add other tests any time.
- Instrument management - Track maintenance and calibration schedules, history, documents, manuals, and more.
- Training management - Track all training and certifications, including training schedules, history, documentation, assigned staff, etc.
- Object tracking (disposal date tracking) - The inventory module includes the ability to document the check-in and out, transfer of possession, and disposal of any items in the lab.
- QC charts (basic) - Identify trends using basic control charting. Multiple and more complex trending charts/graphs are available in the reports module. The Control Charts II optional feature allows for individual graphs.
- Report management tools - Create any kind of internal metric, customer result, or product analysis reports and labels, as well as other types of reports and labels, with dedicated report designer tool. Control review and approval of reports before they are issued. Filter lists by multiple criteria and export as an Excel file.
- Auditing - Track result entry, changes, and global edits/saves, all while being accessible according to any search criteria. Keeps you compliant with all standards and regulations.
- Labels and worksheets - Configure sample labels and analytical batch worksheets (one of each).
- Data warehouse - Configure the data warehouse archive table with all results-related fields. Use the advanced filter for data access/mining.
In addition to these core LIMS features and functions, CannaQA LIMS implementation involves a nominal amount of requirements documentation, training (for administrators and users), and project management. (Project management includes communication, task coordination, schedule planning and execution, issue tracking and management, etc.). Additionally, you need to set aside a few hours to support any work you may find necessary during system acceptance testing and approval.
Optional LIMS Features and Services
- Client-facing web portal - Allow clients unlimited access to request tests, define samples, and enter related information. The portals shows the submitter all samples, statuses, results/reports.
- State-compliant test package - Receive all required tests for your state or region, with correct limit sets for each parameter. These typically include:
- cannabinoids (potency)
- residual solvents
- heavy metals
- foreign material
- Invoicing - Track client charges, and create and update invoices and statuses.
- Control Charts II - Gain access to multiple graphs, with the ability to select parameters, date range, etc.
- Sample scheduling - Auto-schedule sampling events. Includes portal updates.
- Serial interface adapter Use the Lantronix X-Direct Serial Adaptor for integrating with RS-232 ports.
- COA report customization - Customize COAs or other reports based on your requirements (hourly services).
- LabDrive - Place a QR code on the COA that enables the lab (from the LIMS) and client (from the portal) to make the COA accessible to external parties. Includes an instance of NextCloud for secure file management and sharing. Estimated 40 hours of services.
- Instrument interfaces - Automate with your instruments using file-based or direct uni- or bidirectional interfacing. (uni-: est. 16 hours per instrument; bi-: est. 30 hours per instrument)
- External system interfaces - Automate with other software systems using file-based or API-based uni- or bidirectional interfacing. Requires detailed scoping efforts. (est. from 12–60 hours)
- Additional configuration - Configure various alerts, email notifications, etc. Estimate based on requirements.
- System acceptance testing and approval - Provides for client testing and acceptance that the LIMS is performing per the contract. Performed just before user training and go-live for additional modules/services.
- Project management - Undertake the communication, task coordination, schedule planning and execution, issue tracking and management, etc. required for go-live. For optional modules/services.
- Requirements documentation - Scope, verify, and document requirements for optional modules/services.
- On-site staffing - Have a LabLynx engineer on-site for requirements and/or go-live (minimum two days, plus expenses).
- Additional training - Receive training on the system, hourly as needed or as requested.
CannaQA LIMS Pricing